28 January 2012

RESCUE AT PINE RIDGE : A BUFFALO SOLDIER NOVEL by ERICH MARTIN HICKS

I'm going to admit to you that I have not yet read this novel. However, I met the author Erich Martin Hicks, in of all places, a laundry, and the story he told me about how hard and smart he worked in order to get his work published and read while we both awaited our comforters to dry, was inspiring.

We also had a little conversation about African American genealogy and historical research and he is a direct descendant of a Buffalo Soldier and did heavy research. So I told him, I was going to aid in his effort by posting about him and his book.

I'm linking to his own web site, and I'm recommending also that my local public library buy a copy, since he is a local author. To me, genealogy research should go hand in hand with historical research...