I promise I haven't been holding out on you. I want you to understand the usual process for obtaining U.S. Military Records, and even if you KNOW your ancestor was a CO, you should obtain what you can from NARA (or a database that has these records, Fold3 having the reputation for being the best). But now I'm going to post about some archives that hold collections of special interest.
The first one is : SWATHMORE PEACE COLLECTION This collection includes video and recordings. Swarthmore College Peace Collection (SCPC) contains the official records of the Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors (CCCO), National Committee on Conscientious Objectors, and numerous individual papers from World War I to the Vietnam War. It also holds records for the Alliance for Conscientious Objectors and the Metropolitan Board for Conscientious Objectors.
This collection is considered extensive.
C 2026 Ancestry Worship - Genealogy BlogSpot All Rights Reserved including Internet and International Rights
