11 September 2026

25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE 9/11 TERROR ATTACKS ON THE WORLD TRADE CENTER IN NEW YORK CITY

THE FIGHTER PILOT SENT TO RAN INTO UNITED 93  Survivors' 9/11 stories

  

From the ITV News YouTube Station : Janice Brooks worked on the 84th floor of the South Tower. She was in the building when the second plane hit. Heather ‘Lucky’ Penney was a fighter pilot. She was sent on a suicide mission to intercept Flight 93, which was heading towards Washington DC. George Campbell worked in the New York City Fire Department. He was a first responder on 9/11. With thanks to Janice Brooks, Heather Penney and George Campbell. Produced by Josh Brooks, edited by Adam Blair, shot by Tamuka Walker and Tony Day.



*** ********* ***

My memory of this day:  I liked to listen to KFI in the morning at the time and Bill Handel (who is still on the air at age 75.)  Bill has/d a sense of humor that could be dry and sarcastic. He could even be rude and crude at times (but not as extreme as Howard Stern) such as the time he gave a blow by blow account of a man being executed in the electric chair. So when I heard him broadcasting about a plane hitting into the World Trade Center I wasn't sure I should believe him. Maybe it was just too much to believe.  


Excerpt:

Speaker 6 A plane crash into a New York landmark. I'm Ken Gallagher.
Smoke is pouring from the upper floors of the north
building of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center.
And then we have reports now that a second plane
has struck the other tower. We'll have confirmation on those
details just as soon as we can.

Speaker 1
It's fairly obvious now, Ken, that a second plane has,
in fact, struck the tower.

Speaker 4
You can see that now. We now have both buildings
on fire.

Speaker 1
And it's hard to say at this point, but that
cannot be an accident. And I think it's safe to
say that we've got a situation going on where we've
got a terrorist attack upon the World Trade Center. They're
looking at a lot of damage and probably a lot
of people being killed. Both airplanes are being reported as
hijacked by the FBI. If this is the case, we've got an extraordinary,
extraordinary criminal act going on.

Speaker 4
This is out of a movie. The airplane was aimed
for and was.

Speaker 1
Timed to do the maximum amount of damage and to
hurt and kill and maim the most number of people. ...

*** ********* ***
I turned on the television and the second plane had hit and I knew it was. Of all people I called first, it was my apartment building manager. He didn't believe me. But within the hour a group of us tenants were standing outside in the parking lot together talking. We definitely thought our country was being attacked and suspected War would be declared. 

(I believe war should always be called war and declared officially as is supposed to happen with the approval of Congress  https://www.senate.gov/about/powers-procedures/declarations-of-war.htm )

Excerpt: The Constitution grants Congress the sole power to declare war. Congress has declared war on 11 occasions, including its first declaration of war with Great Britain in 1812. Congress approved its last formal declaration of war during World War II. Since that time it has agreed to resolutions authorizing the use of military force and continues to shape U.S. military policy through appropriations and oversight.

We listened to Tony Blair, the Prime Minster of Great Britain's speech which was eloquent and forthright. I recall wishing our politicians could be like him.  (According to Google AI, "Speaking from Downing Street just hours after the attacks, Blair expressed total solidarity with the United States, famously declaring that Britain stood "shoulder to shoulder" with the American people."  I definitely thought he was pledging to the American people that if we went to war we could count on Great Britain to fight with us.

I was one of many who felt depressed and frightened. 

Today I also think of all the people in this world who find themselves living with military violence in their country - in their town - and how traumatic that is - how it will effect the generations. It seems our exposure to violence has increased tremendously, even when watching a YouTube video that is interruptive and presents some drama, even an ad for a video game that I would rather not see...

C 2026 Ancestry Worship  - Genealogy Blogspot.