20 October 2010

LDS LOS ANGELES TO OPEN LATE OCTOBER

I just got an e-mail from Mr. McBride over at the LOS ANGELES FAMILY HISTORY CENTER, which has been closed for some time, announcing that the library will open about October 25th, 2010. Hurray!

There is going to be some really wonderful technology, such as classes being telecast from Salt Lake and other libraries. Genealogists - hobbiest or pros- tend to be SHARING PEOPLE and can never seem to get enough knowledge.

I'm not a member of LDS (some of you have asked) but I think anyone who is into genealogy respects what they have there and offer there. With a few exceptions, everyone I have ever met volunteering there has been kind to me. And as a result of the generosity of that sharing, I have donated a couple books over time for others to use.

I've made some profound research discoveries using this library.

I've had to stop myself a few times from traveling on over there when I know it's closed.

I'm interested in the ancestor worship of the various Baptism of the Dead and other Temple ordinances. In the book I'm writing (slow but sure) I have a special section on synchronicities at LDS, as well as the story of a small special friendship I once had with a now deceased LDS member... (cliffhanger!)