29 April 2013

ARE YOU A CHIMERA? (Do You Have Eyes That Don't Match?)

The other day, my brown eyed dog and I were taking a walk when we encountered a person with a white pit bull that had one blue and one brown eye?  His name was Bruce.  I said his name should be Bowie, as in David Bowie, who has one blue and one brownish eye. Got to talking and I remembered a set of twins in my neighborhood growing up, a girl and a boy, who were not identical but looked a lot alike.  The girl had one blue eye and one hazel.  I'm leading up to this:

A CHIMERA is a person who has TWO SETS OF DNA! 

Here is more about it from SANTA CRUZ HUB PAGES! People-with-Double-DNA-An-Overview-of-Chimeras 

When I heard about this, I thought about all those TV shows in which DNA tests are administered to reveal truth or lies about the paternity of the children.  Almost always the mother is absolutely right about who the father of her child is, even if he's in denial.  In the cases where there was not a match, I wonder if another test has to be made!