11 June 2016

REVISITING CAROL BOWMAN and CHILDREN'S MEMORIES OF PAST LIVES FORUM (REINCARNATION AS YOUR OWN ANCESTOR?)

CAROL BOWMAN CHILDREN'S PAST LIFE FORUM

I spent a couple hours the other night reading posts from the forum. 

Carol Bowman is one of the most respected researchers into past lives and reincarnation in the Western World.  I find the subject fascinating.  Especially when children remember their state before life on earth, or what happened between lives, or how it is that they came back.   The focus on children is, in part, because children before the age of five tend not be very exposed to history and tend not to have reason to lie.

I've asked myself if I'm the reincarnation of one of my own ancestors, since I'm one of those people who has felt that I got born into the wrong family.  To my knowledge I have not a single relative who thinks like me or is as open as I've been to learning about so many other cultures and spiritual beliefs.  I can't even locate a relative whose much interested in family history or genealogy.

However, there are a number of people in my heritage who were very religious in more conservative, traditional ways, including a few who qualify as Bible addicts.

I discovered one ancestor who may have been, in the middle 1800's to early 1920's a bit of a spiritual tinkerer, and I'm trying to find out more about this Catholic immigrant who was a Mason.