21 August 2019

THREE DNA TESTS LATER HE KNOWS WHY HIS GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS MEAN TO HIS GREAT GRANDMOTHER

Got to talking to a man at a coffee house who brightened when I told him I do genealogy research and family history writing.  He was just waiting to tell someone who would understand.

He took DNA tests from three different companies and learned that genetically as of his great grandmother's line, he is NOT a member of a particular Scottish Clan /Surname but another.

"I always heard that my great grandfather treated her like crap," he said.  "She was young and pretty, maybe 21, and clearly she had an affair. I had to tell my mom."

This is one of the reasons why some people don't want to take a DNA test, do not want to know.

His mother had invested in so many clan logo designed items from coffee mugs to crests on the walls.