12 May 2020

REVISITING THE CIVILIAN CONSERVATION CORPS

I was quite excited to find a handwritten testimonial from a relative about his experience in the CCC's recently.  I posted about the CCC's several years ago and wanted to revisit the web site.

CCC LEGACY ORG

Now that I have the names of two different camps he worked in, I will check the states for the camps by name.  There are photos of some of the camps... and an opportunity to share.

Of the many links there is this one: THE LIVING NEW DEAL which has interactive maps where you can find ART /PUBLIC WORKS made by New Deal craftsmen and artists.

Using the Dollar Times Inflation Calendar that I have on my side posts, I learned that $30 in 1940 is equal to $550.66.

Just a note October 2022 : Click on the label CCC's or Civilian Conservation Corps to bring up other informative posts on this subject.