15 July 2020

HERITAGE RECIPE MAKING - A GREAT ACTIVITY FOR HOME SCHOOLING

Over the last few months I've tried so many new recipes.

Not finding all the ingredients I want at the closest store has caused me to search for ways around or recipes that don't use what I'm used to.

Then I found some cook books that had been gifted to me by relatives who have passed on. Some of these had been shelf-sitting for a while. These are ethnic cookbooks from the 1950's mostly.  Looking through them, I decided I would begin to try some of the soup recipes in particular.  A good soup is always satisfying, be it 1850 or 2020.

If you are stuck at home or maybe home schooling, I suggest that making the recipes that your parents or your ancestors made can be an enjoyable and educational opportunity.  This may be the only time you'll ever have to teach your children - or maybe your girlfriend - to cook.

Vintage Housewife Cans Fruit Free Stock Photo | Vintage housewife ...