03 January 2021

INTO THE FUTURE AND STEPPING INTO THE PAST

Hello to my ANCESTRY WORSHIP genealogy readers here in the U.S.  and Europe. I want to start the New Year, 2021, with a message of hope. I really do. Oh, I know, we have all been put to the test due to the restrictions of living in plague times. We are lonely, bored, cranky, crazy. Some of us are in grief and many are dealing with loss. We are having bad dreams when we sleep.

Humanity as a whole has been through plague before. I hope we can move on from this bad time. It does take cooperation and collaboration to survive.

I don't know about you, but genealogy practice and family history research has given me a greater understanding of human perseverence. And though not much changed on New Years day with Covid-19 - the vaccinations have begun but the statistics are frightening - it's still a symbolic new start. In this case, here at ANCESTRY WORSHIP - a genealogy blog - to use research to go back to the past and learn more about our ancestors and perhaps relearn to stand on their shoulders to make it through our days.

As a quick update first, for those if you following the Italian citizenship quest, no, the archive in Italy has not responded in any way to the letter and money sent there three months ago. Asked what to do, I said don't send more money but Italy us decimated so let's wait.

So, I'm going to start the new year by posting on ELLIS ISLAND and using ship manifests -passenger arrival records- to locate ancestors in the Old Country. 

Let's try to start anew.

Someone sent me this photo and I have no idea where it came from. Do you?