24 February 2021

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION : UNITED STATES OF AMERICA -2021

I photographed the front page of the current Application for Naturalization which comes from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. I picked up a citizenship packet from my local public library, which pre-Covid also had tutoring available for the civics part and it's included.
I suggest you look at an application and read the questions. Many are concerned with an applicants legal behavior. Of course, entering the country legally is important. Overall, the United States government seems more concerned with serious crimes such as being associated with terrorists or radical groups. Don't know if this picture is at all readable. It starts off with "If your biological or adoptive mother or father is a U.S. citizen by birth, or was naturalized before your 18th birthday, you may already be a U.S. citizen."
In my years of living in Southern California, I've had strangers - and I do mean strangers - suggest I marry them to keep them in the country. I've always thought this was outrageous. Maybe I'll write more about that for my book. Let's just say that if you aren't wearing a wedding band and walk down the street, you can be targeted. Just how crazy or desperate is someone that they would do that? 

American Citizenship is, in my opinion, prime reason women are willing to be imported as brides.
I guess I'm of the traditional mindset. Marry for love.

C 2021