05 August 2022

BOOKS! BOOKS! MORE BOOKS!

Hello My Readers,

Over the last few months I've been reading so very many books.  The libraries in my area opened up slowly and for a while it seemed like I was one of the few people who had returned to using the library. (Yes, we are still masking.) In fact a good number of books on my list are available only in e-books. Luckily, ordering books in from other branches is possible because I dislike reading e-books.  I spend a couple hours a day on a computer as is. I feel paper books are easier on my eye-sight and easier to fall asleep with too.

I started looking at what was on the Newly Purchased book shelves and I have to say that I have found some wonderful books that are history and genealogy oriented. I'll be excerpting parts of these books that I found especially illuminating or useful in the next several months and into the New Year of 2023.

I've always found that researching the history that our ancestors lived through is a great way to learn history overall, though often specific to their time and place. Some of the books I will be sharing with you concern Colonial American history. Others fall into the category of spiritual books, concerning a favorite subject of mine, which is reincarnation.

I'm fascinated with the notions that we might reincarnate into the same family groups, even have the same 'soul mate' spouse in more than one lifetime. I also like the idea that we might take some skill, talent, or expertise that we spent a lot of time on in this life into the next.  (I should be a very advanced genealogist by then!)

Hoping you're keeping cool!

Christine