22 November 2011

A THANKSGIVING FAMILY CELEBRATION : WHY NOT START A FAMILY COOK BOOK?

FAMILY RECIPES are a wonderful thing to include in a family genealogy book. Tasting foods your relations ate can bring you a little closer to understanding their lives. But I have a suggestion!



Maybe Thanksgiving dinner is the best time of all to bring up starting a family cook book. Everyone can bring a copy of the recipe that gets them the most compliments to share. START YOUR OWN FAMILY HERITAGE COOK BOOK!

In my family many recipes have died along with the cook. Every time I taste Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Pigs in the Blanket) however wonderful they are, I keep hoping to taste the ones that my aunt used to make in a huge pressure cooker and bring to every family wedding, even when there was a caterer!