18 February 2012

RUSSIANS READ ANCESTRY WORSHIP GENEALOGY : RUSSIAN GENEALOGY

Also through the Google Blogger statistics, I've learned that although this blog, ANCESTRY WORSHIP GENEALOGY, gets the most hits by far from the United States of America, the second biggest readership comes from RUSSIA!

I'm very interested in why this is true! I would like some readers from Russia to please post on comments to let me know why they are reading Ancestry Worship Genealogy, if they are reading in English or using Google Translator (the flags on the front page of the blog will take you to that translator in many languages besides the actual flags themselves) and if you could tell me a little bit about yourself and your interest in genealogy in general.

I wonder if there is a growing interest in genealogy in Russia overall! I know this; Few databases link to genealogy information in Russia. If you are a Russian-American, you probably know that there were waves of immigration into the United States from Russia. I can separate this into two parts. The Industrial Revolution and Jewish people leaving Russia to Israel and the United States.


I have found some Jewish Russian communities on the United States census in place before Russians joined the rush to America to take industrial jobs. As we know the two World Wars and Communism changed the relationship of Russia to the West for many years.

Today there are still many Russians coming to the United States, many through the lottery that the United States holds which allows immigration to our country. I have met some of these Russians who have won the lottery, and they seem to be extremely well educated in the public schools of Russia, often coming here and bypassing their fellow students easily in math and the sciences.

Again, if you are a Russian reader, I would like to hear from you!