31 August 2018

ANGEL GOWNS - BEAUTIFUL GARMENTS MADE FROM WEDDING DRESSES FOR THE LITTLE ANGELS

At one time, when I was just starting to understand heaven and hell and knew that babies were to be baptized, I asked my mother what happened to babies that hadn't been baptized yet.  She said they went right to heaven.

I went to a Christian Music festival held in a park in Southern California recently and, as I went around the booths, I came to one that had a wedding dress hanging and little outfits on the table.  I didn't make the connection right away and when I asked what ANGEL GOWNS was all about, tears sprung from my eyes. What a beautiful idea.

ANGEL GOWNS is an effort that goes on all over the nation, and so rather than give you a specific link, I encourage you to put those words in a search engine and find the closest location to you or go to the national link here : https://www.nicuhelpinghands.org/programs/angel-gown-program/.  Volunteers get together to sew ANGEL GOWNS at various locations. There is an art to it, such as deciding how to cut a wedding dress just right to make it most useful.  I'm told that women come in with their boxed wedding dresses and love that the dress will be re-purposed for such a good cause.

Basically, many of the little angels who will wear the garments made from DONATED WEDDING DRESSES, are newborns and infants who have died.  They were preemies or too ill to make it.  The parents appreciate the gift of one of these beautiful garments to dress their baby.

C Ancestry Worship Genealogy BlogSpot